2015年6月9日星期二

Lcd problem

I've got a laptop here, an Acer Aspire 5735, with a bad backlight. So far I've replaced the inverter, cable, as well as the actual LCD, and the backlight still is not working.
I don't know a whole lot about replacing backlights in laptop LCDs, but I doubt this one is broken. I've tried other LCDs with the same connector and even those didn't work right. I have a strong feeling that a fuse may be blown on the motherboard for handling backlight voltage. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience replacing these fuses. Do I need to be trained with microsoldering to replace them? Identifying them should be easy enough, blown fuses stick out like a sore thumb.
Maybe I've been lucky then, but I use ebay quite often for parts and don't have problems like that, but you have to be very careful and stick with well-rated sellers, etc.
Honestly, it's an Acer, one of the most flimsy computers on the market, I'm sure you noticed it while working on it, they're better off replacing it with something.. not acer. I've had acer come not fully assembled and/or DOA more than any brand. Their components aren't bad, intel boards, etc, but case quality is laughable, lowest standard of quality I've ever seen.
And it wasn't ESD because PC SMD's aren't that sensitive anymore, and what is, has proper protection, phones and tablets are different, but in PC's the chances of ESD are tiny these days.
Motherboard fuses rarely have visible signs of being blown out. Only way I know to find the faulty component is doing a continuity check with a multimeter. The fuses I've dealt with tend to be flat rectangles, and are usually bigger than most other components around it. So far, I have had no luck finding the right replacement parts, but I wish you luck.

I blew a backlight fuse once (for an LED screen without inverter) and just bridged it with a tiny ball of solder. Not recommended safety-wise but it was a bodge that got an extra 6 months out of a dying laptop I had hanging around.
Since then I always take the battery out for any screen replacement.
I've been tinkering around with this laptop for almost 2 days now and can not figure out the issue. I'm hoping someone here can help. Here is a link to a picture of what the display is producing, Sorry for potato quality, disregard the vertical lines.
It is a Toshiba Satellite A505-S69803 running Windows 7 64 bit, I purchased the laptop around 5 years ago and has ran like a champ until now. The graphics are integrated if that helps any.
The symptoms are horizontal flickering and rolling lines, it looks as though the display is repeating itself. Sometimes there's only a few lines then other times the screen is almost completely full to the point the video is indecipherable, it seems to be all random with no color distortion. The problem persists in safe mode and bios as well.
So far I have updated drivers, deleted/reinstalled drivers, reseated the LCD cable at both ends, reseated inverter cable, installed new LCD cable, tilted screen all the way up and down with no changes in performance. I'm currently using the laptop with an external monitor through the VGA port, the HDMI port works as well.
I believe I've narrowed it down to the LCD screen, inverter, or a motherboard issue since the graphics card is integrated. I'm leaning more towards the motherboard issue since a bad inverter usually leaves you with a dimmed or blank screen and a bad LCD usually distorts colors.
Is it possible for the graphics chip set to malfunction on the laptop monitor but display fine on the external monitors?
I found an HP DV2500 (DV2660SE) sitting next to the trash, along with a box of misc computer stuff. The charger was in the box, so I grabbed it, and the laptop and took it home. When I plugged it in, it booted to bios, but was missing the hard drive and back plate covers.
As it happens, I have 3 dv6000s that I've collected for parts over the years, which are the same laptop, except with a 15.6" screen, instead of the DV2500's 14" screen.
Over the last month, I ordered the backplate covers and hard drive cage from amazon. Everything finally arrived. I pulled a hard drive and ram from one of the DV6000s, and reassembled the laptop. The laptop appears to work. total cost for a backup laptop $25.00.
I am currently installing windows, but the screen has a serious yellow tint. I have seen this before on old LCDs. I have searched google, but can't find a reason why the screen would be yellow.
My thinking is that either the inverter or the backlight are going bad.
Any ideas? My googlefu appears to be weak, because all I can find are people suggesting that I check my drivers, which it can't be, because even in BIOS the LCD has a serious yelloe tint.

Hey tech, Since this morning my monitor has become pinkish, dimmer and grainier on the left side, like half the horizontal lines are missing or something (FullHD resolution, so it's very noticeable with small text, which is unreadable). I'm thinking it might be close to dying, just wanted your input on this. Also, it's flickering from time to time, so maybe something wrong with the inverter board/power circuits?
It's a LED backlit Philips screen, FWIW.

没有评论:

发表评论