2015年6月7日星期日

LCD about Hero4 Silver vs. Hero4 Black

I am buying my gf a GoPro for her birthday and I am between the Hero4 Silver and Hero4 Black; the debate seems to boil down to the LCD screen functionality.
Do the factory LCD on the Silver and the LCD BacPac on the Black both lose touch-functionality after going below 3-feet deep? I understand that the screen will still work if you go deeper than that, but I am curious if the Silver's screen will still allow you to change settings below 3-feet as I know the BacPac for the Black does not.
If her computer is not very powerful (a laptop with an i5 and poor graphics card), is it even worth getting the Black or would she need a more powerful rig before even considering the Black over the Silver?
Also, I keep hearing people tell me that the Hero4 Silver does not have Wifi; is that true?
Thanks for any help you can offer me!
Unless she's going to be using the videos professionally, there's no reason to get the black. The H4S does everything the Black can, minus a couple of the higher end things like 4k30fps and 1080 120fps and it has the LCD which comes in really handy for framing the shots and looking at the files without connecting with the phone. H4S definitely has WiFi, I can attest to that as well. Using the GoPro Studio, I wouldn't worry about editing too much. Unless you're going to be watching all of your videos on a 4k TV, I would save the $100 and get more accessories/mounts with that instead.
The only thing that I can speak to is that the Silver DOES have wifi. My laptop is an i5 with integrated graphics and the videos play fine, editing is somewhat slow. In my experience, videos will not play over USB, you must copy them first.
In my opinion, I would not buy the 4 silver... the 3+ black is pretty much the same thing minus the lcd screen. I would get the 4 black even if you're not going to use the 4K right away. You can still film 1080p at 120fps which is twice the frame rate as the silver. Also, the silver only does 4K at 15fps which will end up looking choppy. B&H Photo has a deal right now where you can get a free LCD touchback with the purchase of a 4 black... this is what I would get if I were buying right now... also no tax on that.
Not sure about your questions about the lcd functionality at depths... sorry.
If you have the lcd running the whole time then it probably drains the battery fairly quick. However, you don't need to have it running the whole time, you can turn it off and on to just use it when you want (compose shots, review footage, etc.)

没有评论:

发表评论