2015年8月19日星期三

Computer Blank After Auto Repair (boot up, Windows 8.1)

My girlfriend has had this computer Tomtom tom XL IQ Routes Édition LCD Screen Display for 2-3 years now and her audio was being delayed today so she thought doing a good old reboot would fix it up. She restarted it and the HP logo popped up and took a noticeably long time to get past it. However, once it finished, it popped up a blue screen for half a second and then started something called Windows Auto Repair. After it started that up, her monitor went blank and her cursor was on it but nothing was happening.
She have Windows 8.1 and she would HIGHLY prefer not to lose all her files as her internet is very slow and she has family photos on it.

Try accessing the BIOS and booting up in Safe Mode.

Well firstly see if it will start in Safe Mode, if it does then great because you can try to get Windows to diagnose the issue or at least try get the family photos and other personal files off the system 5.0 inch LCD Screen For Tomtom Tom Tom XXL .

Well then I don't think you can fix your laptop without giving it to an expert. The only thing that you could probably do is try to save those pictures and any other personal files by recovering the data from your hard drive. However could you tell me why you can't access the BIOS?

I never used Windows 8 so I never knew about that issue, but I see that you're correct. Also I only now realized that UEFI BIOS (which is what I always used) differs from a normal BIOS LCD Screen Display Ecran Tactile + Touch Screen and you can't turn on Safe Mode in it.
Well I can think of one way of forcing Safe Mode to turn on on it's own, but some people would probably advice against it since it can corrupt/delete some files, but in this case they already seem corrupted. Now this never caused anything on my system to get corrupted/deleted but I'm just letting you know that there's a slight chance of it happening and I don't want to be held responsible for it.
What you have to do is shut down the laptop while it's booting up. This way Windows will notice that the computer did not boot successfully and it should take you to the Advanced Options boot menu. There you can select Safe Mode. The best way to do this would be to take out the battery LCD Screen Display Panel Archos 101 MID 10.1" inch  from the laptop and remove the charger cable to shut it down quickly.

I got into the BIOS but it has no option to do with Safe Mode. I think you're misusing the name BIOS. I think what you're looking for it Advanced Startup Options. I can't get to it since it's a Windows 8 computer Hannstar 4.3 inch H-H043L-07A LCD Screen Display Ecran  and the bootup is too fast to register F8 and Shift F8.

I've actually shut if off multiple times while booting with the power button and nothing has happened. Would unplugging it make a difference (this is a desktop btw)?
Edit: I see my last hopes being in a CD I have for Recovery but I don't see CD Drive or Hard Disk or anything like in my Boot order... All I see is USB Hard Drive LCD Screen Display Ecran Panel For A050FW03 (200) , USB Floppy/CD, Boot Manager and a few other things. Do you know what's up with that?
Edit 2: It also said something about Legacy sources being disabled, perhaps that's the Hard Disk and CD drive POWER BOARD For EADP-57BF A? But in order to enable it, it says I must disable Secure Boot Up or something like that and I didn't know if that was safe to do... >_<

没有评论:

发表评论